“7k is the future of quality and prudent filmmaking. …the perfect template for affecting, performance driven storytelling.” - Timothy Busfield
How It Works
It's pretty basic. We're looking for three things:
- A track record of making high quality films on shoe-string budgets. Send us screeners, a link to your Vimeo, or whatever else you think proves the point.
- A great treatment for a feature film, or a feature-length script, preferably on the shorter side, 80 - 100 pages (for budget reasons, not because we don't like to read).
- A letter and materials which describe how you will make this film on a $7k budget. Send whatever you think is appropriate. This is your chance to explain how to plan to shoot anything in the script which appears to cost a lot of money. Have access to an amazing location for free, or a legion of extras willing to work for peanuts? Here is the chance to tell us stuff like that.
How we'll be making our decision:
- Quality of the story & treatment/script (MUST be producible on a $7k budget) - 50%
- Demonstrated low-budget storytelling chops (work samples, sizzle reel, short film proof of concept, etc.) - 40%
- Our own assessment of the marketability of the project - 10%